Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Keilani Smith!


I have a great success story to tell. Despite the lay off, Keilani is yet searching for work. She currently works for The Girl Scouts, but it does not stop there. She come to the Educational Outreach Center on her days off and job search. Today she told me that she is going on a second interview with The YMCA. I asked her how did she hear about this position and she said, by coming up to the EOC and get on the computer. I was so excited for her, not only for her getting the interview but because she still come to South Dallas and use our computer lab. See! when you build friendships and continue to check on others even though they are not around as much, they will never forget the good people in their lives. I am glad that we were able to stay here in Turner Courts a little longer. Many are still saying! They don't know what they are going to do when they move, because they like coming to the EOC if it is just to have coffee and a descent conversation! I am soooo!! Proud of her!

No comments: